Friday, January 15, 2010

Java java java

Well, I just completed my first week of college classes since my 1984 graduation from Centenary College. I'm taking "refresher" courses to get ready to start on my Masters Degree in Computer Science. Both classes are based on Java programming language, which is in turn based on C++. I have, once many years ago, but after college, studied C programming language, the non-object-oriented precursor to C++. While in college, I took formal classes in FORTRAN 77 and COBOL, and did a lot of programming in Basic on Apple ][+ computers. Technically, one of the classes I am taking is supposed to be a prerequisite for the other, but since I do have programming in my background, just not Java programming, the advisor OK'd it. Anyway, it's going to be interesting, since I never studied any object-oriented programming techniques.

No comments: